It seems like there is no rest for the tired. And, the weary person is typically mother. Moms look after hearth and home, but who takes care of her? If you are a busy mother, learn how to value yourself as a person and also schedule personal time frame.
Personal time is a proper of being an individual. Each of us has the ability to nurture other people but that kind of care takes its toll.
A car is filled with gas to make it operate. At some point the gas runs out and your car won’t move until your car is refilled with petrol. Well the same for everyone. Emotional challenges can develop when you don’t take time to pay attention to your own mental well-being, not to mention the physical results of mental neglect.
“Mother time” refuels the tank to ensure you can give to your family as well as yourself in equal amount. Don’t be ashamed to sit for fifteen minutes doing absolutely nothing. In the spring, relaxing in a hammock under a tree could be the perfect getaway from the challenges of the day. Reading the Sunday paper for 30 minutes could also seem like paradise to a lot of moms.
Here are a few guidelines to help you fit in all-important “mother time” period:
1. Get up early if you have to. When you have kids, your day begins at a hurried tempo. Once you hit the ground working, there is no stopping you. Getting 30 minutes to an hour early in advance means tranquil isolation to consume your caffeine, read a novel, meditate or listen to music.
2. Turn everyday experiences into main events. When you take a bath, put candle lights, bubble bath, peaceful popular music and/or an inflatable bath cushion. Your regular shower has become a spa level experience. In case you view a film, turn out the lamps, take a bag of microwave popcorn and also relax on the couch.
3. Ask your partner for help. Children appreciate their moms, but time spent with dad is important too. Let them bond with father when you go buying a new clothing or root around in the backyard. Since the time period is your own, do anything you like.
4. Make use of the Boy Scout slogan. Always be ready and you can take more time in a tranquil manner. Prepare lunches the night before. Iron clothes for the following day and place backpacks by the entrance therefore kids can grab them on their way out. The fewer things you must do throughout the day, the calmer you can be with your family members rather than experience burnout.
5. Take physical exercise breaks. Once you get hold of a few minutes the last thing you want to do is exercise but getting a modest physical exercise in your day time provides far-reaching benefits. Physical fitness helps you to focus and expands the muscles. Also, tension will drain away because strong hormones are freed directly into your system. Do jumping jacks throughout a TV commercial or jog to the bus stop to get the children.
6. Have a good laugh at frequent intervals. Keep a humorous calendar cube on your table or subscribe to an everyday joke site. Having a laugh lets off stress and can raise your mood significantly. It also keeps the abs tight.
Women, take care of yourself. Your family would certainly miss you if you were not around to love as well as take care of them. You owe it to yourself and also you ought to have a rest from the daily busyness.
There is an old saying that music calms the savage beast and in reality, all of us have a beast inside of us that needs some taming. The beast that I’m talking about is stress and unfortunately, some of us have so much of this stress buildup in us that it can really hinder the way that we live our lives. Not only can it cause us difficulty in overcoming seemingly insurmountable objects, it can also cause physical problems and can even push us to the brink of death. That is why it is important for you to reduce your stress in any way possible.
One of the ways that you can reduce your stress to a certain extent is by the music that you listen to. There are several different types of music which have properties which naturally reduce our stress, but we may find that they are not necessarily to our liking. For example, classical music is an excellent tool to use whenever you are stressed out. There are many people, however, who do not enjoy classical music and this can seem like an insurmountable object. The reality of it is, however, you do not need to listen to audible music in order for it to have a good effect on your nerves. Have classical music playing in the background, almost to the point where it is indistinguishable from other background noise. It will make a difference in your stress levels.
Another thing that you can do is to avoid the types of music which may cause additional stress in your life. Hard-driving rock ‘n roll music or other type of music similar to this may actually cause adrenaline to surge in her body and can raise our stress levels considerably. This can be a difficult thing to do for many individuals that enjoy listening to this type of music. One of the best things that you can do in this case is to reduce the time that you are listening to this music to times whenever you are exercising or when your stress levels don’t really matter.
One final type of music that you might enjoy listening to is the relaxation music that typically goes along with nature sounds. There are plenty of CDs out there which contain this type of music and it can really help to calm and soothe your nerves while you’re in stressful situations. Give it a try for yourself, you would be surprised with how quickly it will work.
The modern world has reduced the human race into a species that is so stressed out they are liable to get burned out soon. Stress levels increase as worries increase. Presently, the worldwide economic crisis is in the forefront of causes for stressed out individuals and there have been incidents of tragedy. Stress is also the main cause of depression and anxiety attacks for a lot of individuals and the main worry is how to decrease the stress levels.
Psychoanalysts agree that relaxation is the antonym of stress. Relaxation can be achieved in many ways yet people are finding it hard to get into that mode. Here are some ways to achieve what others had been wondering about.
Exercising is one way to release tension from the physical body. With the sweat pumping and the muscles contracting, the mind could find a different focus other than nasty thoughts. When exercising, people can actually think of something else or if they can’t get away from their worries, they could actually find solutions faster, that is because there is more oxygen pumped into the brain cells and this stimulates the synapses. Result: you think better.
For some people though, exercising is not an option they can readily enjoy. There are other ways to relax. Try some aromatherapy. There are essential oils that when used in scented candles or taken in tea can make the body relaxed and the mind to relax as well. Try a cup or two and even light several of the scented candles when taking that tea, pretty soon you’ll seek your bed and sleep a good sleep which is usually neglected when full of worries.
There are also some foods that can help you relax. For women, it is chocolate. When stressed out or in emotional turmoil, chocolates help relax the mind and body because chocolate has a chemical in it that can mimic the hormone for the production of endorphins – the ‘happy’ hormone.
For men, it is quite different. Alcohol has no business in nutrition so that is not the way to relax properly. Men have a different response to seeking relaxation, they indulge in good food, or simply put, they go on a ‘SEE FOOD’ diet – whatever they see they eat.
However, be it chocolate or ‘see food,’ both men and women relax best when they laugh. That laughter is still the best medicine is not surprising so it would also be safe to assume that playing can be a form of relaxation as well.
Run around with friends, watch a movie, and take time out from a stressful life. When you don’t have to think about worries, then you can get more relaxed. Thinking can lead to over thinking and it can lead to overcompensation and in the end, bad decision making. Give your mind and brain a break and you will find that after a while, when the brain cells have recharged, it can think faster and find better ways to combat stress.
Stress is an epidemic that is slowly destroying man. Try out some relaxation techniques that will make you a healthier individual and give you time for overcoming stress.
Managing stress effectively can be within anyone’s grasp. To learn how to de-stress and make your living easier, simple lifestyle changes are required. Awareness couple with balance and moderation can be the key to Stress Management. If you are serious about managing stress effectively, be mindful about the daily choices you make and take the following crucial steps which are easy to follow:
All of these techniques combined works together as a management system to eliminate stress and keep a healthy body, mind and spirit.
“For more info on stress and how to live a stress free life visit http://www.no-more-stress.In”
The modern world that we live in is fast-paced, very competitive and is also filled with many dangers. It is no wonder that our stress levels are often pushed to the limit, and many of us suffer from anxiety and chronic fatigue because of this. If you find yourself having to deal with stress on a daily basis, and often feel incapable of keeping up with the demands of daily life, try introducing something positive in your life like meditation. A few minutes a day spent in meditation can actually help you feel calmer and more in control.
When some people hear the word, “meditation”, it often conjures images of the mystical in their minds. Some tend to associate this with a mind over body experience, that others may find quite extreme, that they would not even give meditation a try. These days, meditation is simply considered as a tool for relaxation and anxiety reduction. It is an inexpensive method of relaxation that anyone can engage in even without any special tools. It can even be practiced anywhere at any time.
Simply put, meditation is the process of focusing your attention on a particular thought or object and distancing yourself from the maze of thoughts that fill your mind which may be causing you stress and anxiety. While meditating, you would be able to connect to the inner you and help you unload the negative thoughts that can pull you lower and cause you to be tired all day. Meditation TechniquesThere are five popular methods of meditating.These include mindfulness meditation, guided meditation, mantra, Qi gong and yoga.Mindfulness meditation encourages you to be more aware of what you are experiencing during meditation.You are allowed to recognize your fears and other emotions, without passing judgment on them.Guided meditation encourages you to relax through the use of images, sounds and smells that you often associate with calmness. This is done with the assistance of a teacher who would guide you through the activity. Mantra meditation allows you to experience calm and relaxation by repeating a thought or a phrase. It is the monotony of the phrase being repeated that can trigger a sense of relaxation of the mind and body. Gong is a combination of physical exercises and breathing that originated in China, but is now being practiced in other parts of the world. Its objective is to produce a sense of relaxation while working on the body’s balance. Yoga is a popular form of meditation which practices controlled breathing exercises while performing various postures that can make the body fluid and the mind clear.The movements take the mind off what is causing your stress, thus contributing to a relaxed state is a growing number of scientific researches that prove the health benefits of meditation. These benefits include positive effects on high blood pressure, heart disease, anxiety disorders, fatigue, depression, pain and sleep disorders.You can integrate a few minutes of meditation in your life every day and you will notice a change in the way you deal with every day situations. Try dedicating a few minutes of your time to meditation. You can reach calm and relaxation that will enable you to face your day with more energy and a more positive mental attitude.
Stress is a feeling that’s created when we react to particular events. It’s the body’s way of rising to a challenge and preparing to meet a tough situation with focus, strength, stamina, and heightened alertness.
The events that provoke stress are called stressors, and they cover a whole range of situations — everything from outright physical danger to making a class presentation or taking a semester’s worth of your toughest subject.
Symptoms of Stress
Following are the major stress symptoms:
1. Frustration and depression
2. Muscles become tense
3. Lack of sound sleep
4. Alcoholic consumption
5. Slow digestion
6. Poor appetite
7. Headache, migraines
8. Irritable and tired
Causes of Stress
Following are the major stress causes:
1. Loud noises
2. Extreme heat or cold
3. Inadequate nutrition
4. Hate, envy, fear, or Jealousy
Stress Treatment and Advice
1. If you feel alone, seek out family members and friends, or community, religious or social services. They can offer support and companionship.
2. Try to accept family members and friends as they are, even if they don’t live up to your expectations.
3. Make yourself busy. Prepare a plan for shopping, visiting friends and other activities. It will help prevent any mental stress and grieve.
4. Take sufficient sleep for 8-10 hours.
5. Listen to light music. It is also very helpful in stress reduction.
6. Do not take foods or drinks with alcohol, caffeine, chocolate or sugar.
7. You can also take vitamin A and B to and minerals such as calcium, potassium, and magnesium, to reduce the feeling of irritability and anxiety. They are also useful to relieve stress.
8. Regular physical exercise plays an important role in the fight against stress.
9. Take a hot bath to reduce stress.
Home Remedies for Stress
Following are some of the effective home remedies for stress:
2. Take a balanced diet to keep both your body and mind healthy.
3. Include green leafy vegetables, fruits, salads, whole wheat grain, beans, grams, sprouts, fresh curd, etc.
4. Take Vitamin A and B rich foods to fight against stress. Food items rich in Vitamin A and B are green leafy vegetables, sprouts, banana, etc.
5. Minerals like calcium, potassium are also advised for person suffering from stress. Foods rich in potassium and calcium are eggs, cheese, whole wheat grain, soyabean, etc.
6. Restrict your intake of junk foods, oily and over fried foods, excess intake of sugar, sweets, and alcohol is strictly prohibited.
7. If any thing is making you worrying or disturbing, and you know you cannot get away from it, simply divert yourself in some constructive work. Go for morning walk, do exercises and yoga and meditation.
8. Maintain a daily routine and do exercise regularly.
9. Sometimes it is also found that you get stressed because of someone else’s behavior or activity. Despite tolerating it for long and killing yourself, it is better to discuss about the matter with that person, but in a proper way.
10. If you are stressed because of your mundane routine life, it is good to go for a short vacation, leisure, etc. Pamper yourself by visiting your favorite place, take a warm bath, do activities that you like.
Herbal Remedies for Stress
Following are some of the effective herbal remedies for stress:
1. Basil (tulsi) leaves are powerful herbal remedy in treating stress as well. Chew 10-20 leaves a day. You can also prepare decoction containing basil leaves and water. Take 20-25 leaves and boil in water till the constituent become half. Drain the mixture and drink it.
2. Herbs like arjuna, ashwagandha and brahmi are generally prescribed for the treatment of all types of stresses.
3. Chew 12 leaves of basil twice a day, morning and evening for preventing stress.